We are bringing you a seriously great workout to target your back and rear delts! It’s easy to forget about training this but the benefits as to why are endless. Firstly it helps with your posture, this usually takes a beating with daily activities and building your muscles help the wear on it.
Secondly it helps to stabilise your core, if you’re after a great looking set of abs, then training your back will finish off your physique beautifully.
Lastly, it’s important to train everywhere so you end up with a proportional look! No one wants an uneven shape. We have compiled 5 great back exercises that can be performed at the gym, or even at home!
Related article: 15 Minute Ab Workout With 4 Effective Exercises
Do three sets of 12 to 15 reps
Target Muscles: trapezius, lateral and front deltoids
- Stand on the middle of a band with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Cross the band in front of you and hold one handle in each hand [A].
- Leading with your elbows, pull the band upward until the handles reach your shoulders [B].
- Extend your arms back to the starting position to complete one rep.
- Repeat for your set.
Do three sets of 15 reps
Target Muscles: latissimus dorsi, rhomboids, trapezius
- Sit on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Loop a band around the soles of your feet, cross it in the centre and hold one handle in each hand, arms straight.
- Bend your arms to pull the handles toward your sides as shown.
- Slowly extend your arms to finish one rep.
Tip: If this move feels too easy, gather some of the band’s slack in the palm of your hands.
Related article: 7 Most Effective Kettlebell Exercises for Toned Arms and Back
Do three sets of 10 to 12 reps
Target Muscles: latissimus dorsi, hamstrings, erector spinae, gluteus maximus
- Anchor a band to a low, secure object in front of you.
- Hold a handle in each hand, step back from the anchor point and bend forward from the hips as shown [A].
- Straighten your knees and hips to stand, while simultaneously lifting your arms overhead [B].
- Slowly reverse to return to the start.
Rear Delt Flye
Do three sets of 10 to 12 reps
Target muscles: posterior deltoids
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Hinge forward from your hips and bend your knees slightly until your wrists are below your shoulders [A].
- Open your arms out and up until they form a straight line with your shoulders [B].
- Reverse slowly to return to the starting position.
Related article: 6 BodyWeight Butt Exercises to Sculpt Head Turning Glutes
Do three sets of 15 reps (each side)
Target Muscles: latissimus dorsi
- Stand with your feet hip-with apart.
- Grasp the centre of a resistance band with both hands, about a foot apart, and extend your arms overhead [A].
- Bend your left arm, drawing your elbow down to the side; stop when you feel a stretch in the left side of your back [B].
- Slowly extend your arm back overhead and repeat.
- When your set is through, repeat with your right arm.
The post Get A Seriously Sculpted Strong Back With This Workout Comprising Of Just 5 Exercises appeared first on GymGuider.com.