Lemons add flavor to various dishes and in addition they contain a ton of health benefits. So, we can say that lemons are definitely a super food.
Because it can be used in cooking meals and making desserts, drinks and body products Lemon is a great way to get your vitamin C. Check out the 7 ways lemon can benefit you.
- Shorten a cold. Try making lemon tea, to help boost your immune system and shorten a cold. The steam will help open the sinus cavities, and the honey will soothe your throat. Put 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons honey and 1/2 cup of hot water in a cup. Stir it and drink.
- Soothe a cough. With this great recipe you can soothe your cough: combine 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/4 cup honey and 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Warm in a pan on the stove. Store in the refrigerator when you’re not using it, but it will need to be warmed before each use as the coconut oil will solidify.
- Repair sun damage. When applied topically the vitamin C in the lemon can be absorbed, and will help repair damage done to the skin by the sun. Here we have a great lemon body butter recipe: Melt 6 tablespoons coconut oil and 1/4 cup cocoa butter in a pan on the stove; once melted, remove from the heat and add 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil and 1/4 teaspoon lemon essential oils. Let the butter harden, then whip to the desired consistency and put in a jar.
- Exfoliate your skin. You can make an exfoliating face wash out of it, since it’s so good for your skin. Heat 1 cup coconut oil in a pan on the stove until it’s liquid. Add 1 tablespoon baking soda, 5 drops lavender essential oil, 5 drops frankincense and 5 drops lemon essential oils. Mix well and store in a jar.
- Soften skin. With lemon essential oils you can also create bath bombs to soak in and help soften your skin and help fight sun damage. Combine 1 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup citric acid, 1/2 cup corn starch and 1/4 cup Epsom salt. Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients. Add 1 1/2 cups fractionated coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon lemon essential oil and 1/2 to 1 tablespoon water. Use just enough water to make the mixture hold together and form balls. Press the mixture into a mold and let it dry. Once dry, store the bombs in airtight containers.
- Lose weight. A common misconception is that lemon water will increase your metabolism and help you lose weight. The reason why some may lose the extra weight while drinking lemon water is that it is replacing a drink that contains calories, lemon water does not actually help lose weight.
- Relieve arthritis pain. One of the latest trends is using lemon peel to help relieve arthritis pain. The recipe for joint pain calls for the peel from 2 lemons and some eucalyptus leaves to be placed in a jar. To cover them put enough olive oil over them and let them sit for two weeks. At the end of that time, put some of the oil on a gauze and put the gauze on the painful joint. Those who recommend this treatment say to use it at night to get maximum absorption.
With lemon being such a great source of vitamin C and an easy way to boost collagen production, why not add it to your diet? You can make refreshing desserts and drinks, tasty teas and delightful lotions. Bring back the zest of citrus.
The post IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH BY USING LEMON IN THESE 7 WAYS! appeared first on Amazing Magazin.
The post IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH BY USING LEMON IN THESE 7 WAYS! appeared first on Viral Hug.