When you think of training the chest, it’s easy to just think of the bench press. But, here we have an amazing variation of bodyweight exercises just for you! This article comprises of one exercise, made into a variety of 8!
The push-up is one of the most effective bodyweight exercises. It not only works your chest, but also your triceps and your deltoids. Also, it strengthens your entire core. To a certain extent, it even works your glutes, quads and your upper back.
An additional benefit is that you can do this exercise anytime, anywhere. You don’t need a gym to effectively train your chest.
How To Do Push-Ups:
- Place your hands directly below your shoulders
- Keep your head, back and buttocks in a straight line
- Extend your legs so the weight is on your toes
- Engage your core and glutes
- Pull your shoulder blades down and back
- Lower your body in a controlled manner until your elbows are at a 90 degree angle
- Keep your elbows tucked in close to your body
If these look too challenging? Start with the classic push-up and really master the form. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be doing more difficult push-up variations in no time!
Ready to take it to the next level? Then here we have these eight challenging push-up variations:
1. CLAP PUSH-UP
- Be sure to land with soft elbows after the clap!
- As always, a lot of core control is crucial to performing this push-up variation correctly.
- Don’t be afraid to start out on your knees or on an incline to get the hang of the timing.
Related article: 10 Minute Home Bodyweight Abs Crusher Workout
2. STAGGER PLYO PUSH-UP
- Switch the position of your hands after every push-up.
- If this movement is too explosive or challenging for you.
- Simply switch your hands without the “jump” until you’re able to work your way up.
3. X-TAP PUSH-UP
- Keep in mind you really have to get some air in this push-up variation!
- Let’s say this is the next step after the clap push-up!
Related article: 4 Push Ups To A Powerful Looking Physique
4. DOUBLE KNEE TAP PUSH-UP
- Don’t forget to engage your lower abs and lift your butt up while pulling your knees in.
5. CLAP BEHIND PUSH-UP
- This variation does require some shoulder mobility and flexibility.
- Be sure to really warm-up your shoulders before trying this out.
- A good warm-up exercise would be plank to down dog.
Related article: 5 Simple Tips For Mastering The Perfect Push-Up
6. SUPERMAN PUSH-UP
- Try to get your biceps by your ears when reaching your arms out.
- And don’t forget to bring your hands back down or…you know what will happen.
7. ARCHER PUSH-UP
- Place your arms wider than shoulder width when performing this push-up variation.
- Notice that only one arm is bending during the exercise.
- The other arm should have a slight bend in the elbow but be fairly straight.
Related article: Gain Total-Body Strength With These 17 Push-Up Variations
8. ONE-ARM PUSH-UP
- Notice that the feet are placed very wide.
- This really helps with stabilisation of the whole body.
The post Push Your Chest To Grow Brutal Size And Shape appeared first on GymGuider.com.