If you want to start incorporating arm exercises into your home workout programme but are unsure where to start, we’ve got just the ticket. These arm workouts are easy, effective and you can do them almost anywhere.
First things first: If you’re looking to tone up or build muscle, it’s important to understand your arm muscle anatomy. In most cases, the biceps and the triceps are the muscles that the majority of people tend to target when working on their arms, so that’s where we’ll focus on here.
The biceps tend to show a marked difference in size faster than the triceps, leading some people to overwork them. However, It’s crucial to work both sets of muscles equally.
Working out both flexor (bicep) and extensor (tricep) muscles will guarantee you maintain a balanced body, a healthy posture, a normal range of motion as well as prevent injuries.
Perform this entire circuit 3 to 4 times for the best results. As always, form trumps speed — execute the exercises in a controlled, slow manner rather than fast and erratically to avoid injury.
- Take two 5 to 10 pound dumbbells and hang them at your sides.
- Soften up your knees and engage your core.
- Curl the dumbbells up to shoulder height, turn them out and lift them all the way up over your head for an overhead press.
- Bring them back down to your starting position with controlled movement.
- This move engages your biceps, shoulders, and triceps.
- Do three sets of 15 reps each.
Related article: The Ultimate 14 Exercise Workout for Sexy Sculpted Arms
2. Bent Over Reverse Fly:
- This move engages your rear delts, the muscles at the backs of your shoulders.
- Bend your knees a little bit, and move the dumbbells outward in a flying motion until your arms form a straight line across.
- It’s very important that your palms are facing your body and not each other.
- Bring the dumbbells back down and repeat this motion.
- Do 8-10 reps.
Related article: 5 Impressive Moves To Create Titillating Tighter Toned Arms And Abs
3. Field Goal Post:
- Bring your elbows up to just below shoulder height with one dumbbell in each hand.
- Open up your arms into a field goal position, stretching them back to activate your shoulder blades.
- From there, drop your forearms down so that they are parallel to the ground before lifting them back up into field goal position and closing them in front of your face.
- Repeat 10 times while keeping your elbows up and your core engaged.
Related article: 8 Powerful And Effective Yoga Poses For Perfectly Shaped Arms In 1 Workout
4. Overhead Tricep Extension:
- Put your arms up above your head with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Drop your hands down behind your head and slowly lift them back up.
- This move is a double whammy on your triceps so you will feel the burn.
- Keep your elbows close to your ears when repeating the motion, and, again, keep your core taught as you do this movie.
- Do 10 reps.
The post Target And Tone Your Entire Arms With These 4 Easy Exercises appeared first on GymGuider.com.